I was recently interviewed by Stephen Ibaraki and Alex Lin (CEO of ChinaValue) in what turned out to be the most interesting, far-reaching, and multi-disciplinary (and long) interview I’ve ever given. I was very pleased with the depth of their questions and the topics we covered. You can listen to the MP3 version here, or read a full-text transcript here.
- My work over the last few decades
- Big life lessons I’ve had
- My recent “Venture Production Studio” concept
- Stealth ventures I’m working on (realtime web, wireless power, etc.)
- Intelligent assistants
- Predictions for the future
- Augmented reality
- The Singularity
- Do we have free will? Will that change as Global Mind emerges?
- The changing nature of individuality
- The Psychological Singularity
- The Global Brain – history and implications
- The WebOS – Which cloud will win?
- The Semantic Web – what it’s really for, is it being adopted?
- What level does the brain compute at? Neural vs. quantum.
- Nature of consciousness (Buddhist view vs. Western Scientific view) – “I think, therefore I am” vs. “I am, therefore I think”
- The nature of self & possibility of artificial selves
- The Singularity
- John Searle’s Chinese Room thought experiment
- Digital physics & cellular automata; Ed Fredkin & Stephen Wolfram
- Bostrom’s Simulation Hypothesis
- Buddhist views on ultimate nature of reality
- My relationship with Peter Drucker (my grandfather) and his influence (management, knowledge workers, social sector etc.)
- The shift to a now-centric civilization
- The fragmentation of the Semantic Web
- Freeing intelligence from human brains (like we did with knowledge)
- Symbiosis; Part vs. Whole – When does the Global Brain change to a new level of order?
- Beyond Homo Sapiens – What’s next? Cyborgs, collective beings, etc.
- Technological ethics – what kind of future are we building?
- Combining the best of Asian and Western intellectual approaches
- IBM-Jeopardy Challenge
Good, almost ready to be seen as a mystic. We need more in business, more yogis on boards of directors.
Hail the almighty one!